I have a new healthy recipe for you!
Again,very quick and easy....
This recipe can be a breakfast OR a pre/post workout! It contains only healthy ingredients with a special guest : let me introduce you to the" chocolate brownie" QUEST BAR !!!
Quest Bar are protein bar and come in many flavor, you may have heard of them before,but do you really know how specially healthy are those protein bar?
Have a look on this facts:
- NO sugar used
- Gluten free
- Soy free
- Glycerine free
- Junk ingredients free
- ONLY 4-6g non fiber carbs
- Whey protein isolate
- Milk protein isolate both are very high quality protein
- IMO fiber,which is a 100% natural fiber
- Natural almond and peanut butter
- Naturals nuts (peanuts,almonds and cashews)
- Sea salt and natural flavor
- Lo Han Guo
- Stevia both are natural sweeteners from differents plants
- Erythritol, a sugar alcohol very different from the other by not upseting the stomach.*
- Sucralose,used in microscopic amount,is one of the best artificial sweetener available.
*sugar alcohol: (def from "sparkpeople.com)
The term “sugar alcohol” is very misleading. Sugar alcohols get their name from their unique chemical structure, which resembles both sugar and alcohol. But they're neither sugars nor alcohols. In fact, sugar alcohols are a type of carbohydrate that sweetens foods, but with half the calories of sugar. There are several specific types of sugar alcohols (usually ending with the letters "-ol"). When reading a food label, the following ingredients are actually sugar alcohols:
- Hydrogenated starch hydrolysates
Quest Bar is high in protein and in fiber,low in carbs and doesn't have trans fat....PLUS can you believe it? IT TASTES GOOD!!!! YES! You have a large choice of flavor so everybody can find his favorite!
My favorite are the "chocolate brownie",the "cashew and coconut" ((obviously =) ),and the" apple pie"....
I have tried many protein bars and I was always disappointed about something in each of them: too much carbohydrate or sugar,unprononcable ingredients,too much trans fat... I seriously found the one I needed with Quest Bar...
Let me show you the nutritions fact of the "chocolate brownie" Quest Bar:
- calories =170cal
- protéines = 20g
- fat = -------> saturated fat: 1g and trans fat : 0g
- carbohydrate = 24g ----> dietary fiber: 19g and sugar : 1g
Isn't it awsome??
Now,let's talk price....kind of important too...
- 12 bars for 24.99$ make them at only -->2.08 $ each...wich is very CHEAP!!!!
- High quality ingredients
- High in protein,fiber
- Low in carboydrate and sugar
Now I talked to you about a new recipe......Here it is:
What you need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp almonds
- 1 "chocolate brownie" Quest Bar
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup yogurt of your choice ( I used organic plain soy but greeck is fine too)
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- In a bowl,putt the oat bran,the egg whites and the milk and mix well with a fork
- putt the mixture in a tin or in a tupperware of the shape you want for your cake, and microwave it for 2 mins at max intensity,then leave it cool down on the side
- in a blender mix tthe blueberries and 3/4 of the yogurt
- in a water-bath ( double boiler) putt the Quest Bar to make it soft ( don't let it melt!!) and then roll it in your palms and give it a "toast shape"
- cutt your cake in two pieces and on the bottom piece putt the rest of the yogurt and almost all of the blueberries sauce inside like a sandwich
- putt the top side of the sandwich on the bottom one and add the Quest bar on top
- use the rest of the blueberries sauce around your cake like you want
- cutt the banana in pieces and place them around your cake too with the almonds on top of them,keep one for the top of your cake ;)
- sprinkle with the shredded coconut!
Last thing!If you want to have more info and to order the Quest Bar,check out their website:
-You can also find them on :
have a great day fit friends!!
Love <3 to you all!